Tweet It was just another night at William’s Supper Club, in Muskego, WI until there was a rude interruption recently. Joey Geraci burst through an open door in the kitchen of the restaurant and immediately grabbed a teenaged busgirl, claiming he had a gun. The would be robber dragged the poor girl into the bar, [...]
Archive | March, 2009
Tweet The restaurant-specific internet marketing company BooRah announced recently they have developed a way for restaurateurs to track online reviews of their businesses, although this service doesn’t appear to have gone live yet. Recent years have seen the exponential boom of user generated content online, or content posted by internet users to websites, from YouTube to [...]
Tweet Sustainable seafood has become an increasingly important issue for restaurateurs as the green restaurant movement gains ground. This is coupled with increasing evidence that the world’s wild caught seafood supply is in serious decline. The result has been a renewed search for fish species that have the quality and taste characteristics worthy of center-of-plate [...]
Tweet Despite the objections of many groups in the food service industry, public smoking bans have been passed with increasing frequency over the past five years. Restaurants and bars are primarily concerned with losing business as a result of these smoking bans. Advocacy groups claim that the health benefits of banning smoking far outweigh any [...]
Tweet The Moondance Diner used to be an 80 year old fixture in the trendy SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan. Last year it was consigned to destruction by a new condo building. The Moondance was up for sale, and the chic artists that had once frequented the little restaurant were long gone. That’s when a couple [...]
Tweet The list of opponents to the Employee Fair Choice Act (EFCA) is a long who’s who of business in the United States, including the Chamber of Commerce, nationally known corporations like Home Depot and Walmart, and most notably for those in the food service industry, the National Restaurant Association (NRA). What is EFCA? It’s [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter