Tweet 80% of the time the thermocouple causes this problem. When lighting the pilot, if the thermocouple is not directly in the flame it doesn’t get hot enough to allow it to open the safety valve. If it is directly in the flame and it won’t stay lit then the thermocouple is probably defective and needs to [...]
Archive | December, 2009
Tweet Top burner gas valves are fairly easy to replace. With the top plate (bull nose) removed you can access them easily (part of the frame runs across the top of them). If you are replacing all or just one, the burners must be removed if they have a slip type orifice. If there is [...]
Tweet Top burner pilots need to be replaced if they become clogged. They are very difficult to unclog, and generally need to be replaced. There are three types of pilots: Those with the tube pre-welded to the pilot head. Those that have a nut and ferral to slide over the tube and be tightened onto [...]
Tweet Burner heads usually become plugged over time. There are two screws that connect the head to the venturi. It is a good idea to use some kind of rust dissolver on the screws to loosen them. Once the screws are out you can install the new head, and always remember to replace the gasket [...]
Tweet The top burner grates only need replacing if they have cracked due to metal fatigue or if they have been dropped and broken. To replace, simply pull the broken grate off the top of the range and then place the new grate over the burner.
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter