Tweet Some of the largest players in the food service industry, including Brinker International, McDonald’s, Chipotle, and The Cheesecake Factory are reporting sales and guest traffic up for the first quarter of 2010. That meant good news for the rest of the sector, which had been hurting particularly badly after consumers went into recession mode [...]
Archive | April, 2010
Tweet Groupon.com, along with BlackBoardEats.com (which I covered in an earlier blog post) and a whole array of other discount coupon websites have proliferated in the last year as restaurants struggle to get customers through their doors. These sites operate by getting large discount vouchers from restaurants (usually in the 50% range) and then marketing [...]
Tweet The unveiling of the iPad earlier this month left a lot of people wondering what all the hype was all about. For many, the mini-notebook looks and feels like an oversized iPhone without the ringtones. But as the iPad hits the market and continues to sell well, more and more people have started to [...]
Tweet The presence of a large multi-burner gas range at the heart of the cooking line is about as fundamental as it gets in any restaurant. That iron and stainless steel behemoth uses a lot of energy, throws a lot of heat, and requires a dedicated ventilation system just to keep the cooks from getting [...]
Tweet I’ve written several times about Yelp – a San Francisco based website that collects and publishes reviews about local small businesses in many cities across the country. Naturally, restaurants are one of the most commonly reviewed businesses on the site. Over the past year a steady grumbling has risen about the way in which [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Top Wedding Catering Trends of 2013 May 10, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter