Tweet This is a story about how an Incan super crop is starting to take over health food stores and trendy restaurants in the U.S. The rest of the world is already on board with this mysterious super plant; we’re just now catching up. What’s so great about this plant? Well, it doesn’t rot, doesn’t [...]
Archive | September, 2010
Tweet If you’ve been to The Back Burner before then you’ve heard me talk about one of the hottest culinary trends of the past year: so-called “underground” fine dining. This movement started on the West Coast and has quickly spread to most of the major cities in America. Each version is different, but all underground [...]
Tweet The quantity, variety, and quality of non-alcoholic drinks available in restaurants has grown exponentially in just a few years. This trend isn’t an accident - according to a recent study by Technomic, 86% of consumers purchased a beverage somewhere in July 2010. That’s a lot of smoothies and coffees. Big chain restaurants have been [...]
Tweet Making the decision to make your restaurant a more sustainable operation has gotten considerably easier in the last few years. That’s because as consumer awareness grows there are more and more benefits associated with “green” restaurants. If you’re in doubt, simply look at the National Restaurant Association’s sustainability efforts, or see how Chipotle has [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter