Tweet Finding a good pair of comfortable black shoes for restaurant workers who are on their feet all day can be a challenge. Crocs shoes are known for their durability, comfort, and great traction on even the greasiest kitchen floor. And when Crocs came out with some stylish interpretations of their classic shoe, the food [...]
Archive | April, 2011
Tweet I have worked for a number of companies over the years that held pre-shift meetings with the servers. They have been called a variety of things: line up, fresh talk, jump start, family meal, and many other names have been used to refer to these meetings. I have also managed at a handful of [...]
Tweet Spring is well underway in most corners of the United States, and the warmer weather has every grillmaster from Oregon to Ohio itching to get some beef patties sizzling in the backyard. For restaurants, the spring thaw can also be a great time as well as you clean off the patio furniture and start [...]
Tweet Some restaurants allow an after-shift drink, after which the staff is allowed to hang around and become regular paying customers. The issue has come up in my trainings and I have a definite opinion on it. I prefer that employees do not sit at the bar and drink after their shift – at all. [...]
Tweet More and more it looks official – the U.S. economy is pulling out of recession slowly but surely. The restaurant industry is cautiously optimistic about sales growth this year and consumers appear to be venturing out of their downturn shells. Unfortunately a growing economy – even one that’s growing so slowly – has started [...]
Tweet In a previous post, I discussed the benefits of implementing Core Value Marketing as part of a successful growth strategy. This type of program creates a bond with your potential guests while providing tremendous opportunities for free publicity. Most importantly, it allows you to provide much needed support to organizations in your community that [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Ah, Beer. The Rise of Craft Beer in America May 24, 2013
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter