Tweet OK, I’ll admit it: there’s no way to actually estimate what a bad hire will cost your business. While that one bad decision may be hard to quantify, there are still plenty of areas where you’re bound to see the negative effects: Lost productivity Wasted recruiting effort and money Bad service and unhappy customers [...]
Archive | October, 2011
Tweet Mobile marketing is beginning to sound like the movie Minority Report, where pedestrians had their retinas scanned by computers as they walked by stores and voices addressed them by name and encouraged them to buy products tailored to their personal preferences. That would be scary, but it’s never gonna happen to me, right? Surely [...]
Tweet In my last post I talked about a few select parts that you could keep on hand to repair your gas restaurant equipment. I would like to take this opportunity to talk about a few tools that could make a big difference in keeping your restaurant equipment up and running. The costs of these [...]
Tweet The planetary mixer is a mainstay chunk of equipment in many commercial kitchens. Whenever your restaurant or bakery needs a large project done, and done well, more than likely you’re turning to the mixer taking up a whole corner of the kitchen. The tasks you can perform with a well outfitted mixer are numerous, [...]
Tweet This post is a continuation of last week’s HACCP post and the second in a series of posts here on The Back Burner that will completely outline a proper HACCP program for your restaurant. A Critical Control Point (CCP) is a specific place where food can become contaminated. After conducting the Hazard Analysis in Step [...]
Tweet After three months and 124 posts, The Back Burner is fast becoming a wealth of information for anyone involved in the restaurant industry. The downside of putting up so much content, however, is that some really good posts kind of get lost in the mix and are quickly buried in the archives. That’s why [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter