Tweet We’ve talked about the importance of reputation management on The Back Burner in the past, and as review sites like Yelp and discount sites like Groupon continue to influence the way consumers make their dining decisions it becomes even more important for restaurants to make sure they are engaged with their customers online. Yet [...]
Archive | February, 2012
Tweet There are many different brands of faucets on the market. Some of the most common faucet brands are: Some faucets are easily identified and sometimes it is more difficult. The best way to identify the faucet you have is by the manufacturer’s name found on the front of the base. The base is the [...]
Tweet Getting a liquor license for your restaurant all comes down to two words: it depends. Determining how much it’s going to cost, how long it will take, and how easy it’s going to be all depend on where you’re located. That’s because liquor licensing varies from state to state and even county to county. [...]
Tweet As we discussed in the last HACCP post, you need to organize the hazards and critical control points at every step in the food preparation process. So how do you decide which points are a CCP and which can be handled by a Prerequisite Program? A good strategy is to analyze the food preparation [...]
Tweet Every to go container, every disposable cup, and every plastic fork your restaurant uses ends up in a landfill somewhere. Over the course of a year that adds up to millions of tons of trash from all the restaurants in the United States. For most restaurants, these disposable items are a necessary part of [...]
Tweet 1. Start-up, Shutdown Schedules Not everything needs to be turned on right away when the first cook arrives. Equipment start-up schedules similar to just-in-time ordering saves energy with no investment. 2. Low flow aerators These are potentially one of the lowest priced efficiency measures a restaurant can buy. Aerators range from .50 to a [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter