Tweet Now that we are entering the hottest time of the year, it’s a good time to examine the commercial refrigeration units in your restaurant and make sure they are operating as efficiently as possible. No matter what you do, you’re going to end up spending more money on refrigeration this time of year than [...]
Archive | March, 2012
Tweet The short answer is yes, definitely. As long as you build a decent site, it can’t hurt your marketing efforts and has the potential to be a big help. Some of the things you can do with an internet presence for your restaurant: Get to know your customers. A website is a great way [...]
Tweet There are several moments that are crucial to the guest’s perception of your restaurant. In order for service staff and managers to deliver a great guest experience, they must understand these important aspects of the guest experience. Specifically these are when the guest is entering the building, being greeted by the server, checked on [...]
Tweet What’s the big deal with santoku knives? A santoku knife is a more versatile version of a cook’s knife, with a thinner blade that allows for finer slicing and mincing. Some chefs swear by the santoku, claiming it has better balance. In general, a cook’s knife is going to be better for larger, heavier [...]
Tweet Vote For Chef Lon here! Chef Lon Symensma has a serious culinary pedigree. That’s why Denver foodies were extremely excited when he decided to partner with Culinary Institute of America classmate Alicia Deters to create ChoLon, his first restaurant, ChoLon, in the LoDo area of downtown Denver. After stints at Buddakan & Spice Market [...]
Tweet A commercial fryer cooks certain foods extremely efficiently and quickly, and are often used in restaurants and commercial kitchens for appetizers and specific entrees. Fryers use a heating element to superheat an oil medium to around 400 degrees Fahrenheit. When food product is dipped into the oil, the moisture inside boils, but because oil [...]
Tweet eTundra.com – Restaurant Supplies, Equipment, & Parts eTundra.com is the force behind The Back Burner blog. The employees of eTundra.com write this blog using the food service expertise they have accumulated over many years in the industry. eTundra.com is a comprehensive resource of products, including restaurant equipment, supplies, and equipment parts. Our online catalog [...]
Tweet A recent poll conducted by Harris Interactive reveals that 88% of people who encounter a dirty restroom at a restaurant think this reflects poorly on the sanitation of the rest of the establishment, including the kitchen and food preparation areas. Of those, a full 29% said they would never come back to a restaurant [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter