Tweet Tasty, easy and budget friendly fall recipes to try at your next party, catered event or restaurant menu change. Aw…the familiar flavors of apple, sweet potato, pumpkin and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg are enough to make anyone settle in for a cozy evening at home. It’s clear, Tundra Restaurant Supply is obsessed with [...]
Archive | October, 2012
Tweet Benjamin Franklin once said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” With that in mind, are you doing everything you can to protect your floor drains? With items like vegetable cuttings, miscellaneous trash bits and general dirt finding its way into your floor drains, it’s just a matter of time before [...]
Tweet Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical used as a building block in certain plastics and resins since the 1960′s. Furthermore, BPA is found in many food storage containers made of polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins. Some research has shown that BPA can seep into food or beverages from containers made with BPA or into your [...]
Tweet With most Americans eating out 4-5 times a week, it is no wonder the foodservice industry continues to grow even in a slow economy. A server’s position is a main component of a successful restaurant operation. A server’s job responsibilities include greeting guests with friendliness, knowing the menu inside and out, provide high quality [...]
Tweet Tundra’s product assortment is like the best Halloween party you’ve ever been to: The commercial cutlery will dominate any pumpkin carving contest. Tundra carries everything from carving knives and garnishing sets to cutting boards and knife sharpeners. With a cutlery selection of over 1,300 items I can assure you that you’ll find exactly what you need to make [...]
Tweet Have you heard of molecular gastronomy before? No? You’re not alone, molecular gastronomy is a modern style of cooking, and practiced by scientists and chefs who take advantage of many technical innovations from scientific disciplines. Put more simply, think of mixing up drinks like Nitrogen Cooled Lemon Drop Martinis. Or whipping up Crispy Chicken [...]
Tweet Elegant yet practical, the butcher block is an attractive kitchen addition that many culinary adventurers choose to install in their home or business. The appeal of a professional butcher block, for both its beauty and everyday convenience, often leads budding chefs and casual cooks alike to spend hundreds of dollars, if not thousands, on the [...]
Tweet Restaurants focus on developing healthy kid meal options that are more appealing to families. Pizza, hot dogs, chicken fingers and grilled cheeses are just a few kid-friendly foods available when eating out. Recently, these are the same foods that have come under scrutiny from parents and nutritional experts who worry about what kids are [...]
Tweet Sometimes in life, the experience we gain, the repetitions we perform, can create a false feeling of perfection. The more times we perform a task without complication, the more we tend to believe that we are performing it perfectly. This isn’t always the case. A false feeling of perfection is something I have witnessed [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter