Tweet Oh the woes of being a server: the fast paced rush, the kitchen yelling at you for what your customers have ordered, the table of people that are mean to you and make you want to cry and the co-worker who is always telling you how to do things better! It seems the woes [...]
Archive | 2012
Tweet OSHA requires Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to help protect employees in the workplace, but it is up to the employer to decide if PPE is required. Many restaurant owners, however, have opted to implement PPE, especially when it comes to cut resistant gloves. And no wonder, a 2008 report by National Safety, Inc reported [...]
Tweet Picture your next outing to a new restaurant or eatery. Mouths watering, you and your dinner companions order the same large entrees based on similar tastes and growling stomachs. As your succulent steaks make their way to the table, you notice your friend to the left has a small spoonful of potatoes overshadowed by [...]
Tweet QR Codes: Does Your Restaurant Need One? Regardless of what industry you’re in, participation in mobile advertising is becoming necessary to remain competitive with today’s smart phone technology. QR codes [quick response codes] are one way restaurant owners can quickly spread the word about their services, promotions and news. What is a QR Code? [...]
Tweet In the fast paced world of write-what-you-will-when-you-want internet blogging, reviewing, and all around tom-foolery, you’re able to find varying opinions on just about anything. From bashing faulty restaurant equipment to condemning an establishment’s service, it would seem that opinion makers particularly enjoy targeting the restaurant world. Inhabiting an industry that’s so inherently subjective, restaurant [...]
Tweet The Huffington Post – Taste asked the head chef/owner of Vetri, Osteria, Amis and Alla Spina - Marc Vetri, to give advice to young chefs regarding how to aspire in the foodservice industry. His advice is not only great for those in the back of the house but any profession, really. Please take your time to read [...]
Tweet The United States has faced devastating disasters in the last 10 years that have not only affected families, but businesses too. In 2005, Hurricane Katrina, one of the deadliest hurricanes in recent history, hit the Gulf Coast. In a 90,000 square mile area, thousands of local residents were left unemployed and homeless while the death toll [...]
Tweet In 1621, Pilgrims dressed in black and white with buckled shoes and hats atop their heads in the Plymouth Colony to celebrate their first harvest. They invited the Wampanoag Indians and everyone gobbled down turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. That’s the story you probably learned as a young child. Well, it turns [...]
Tweet Customers are always looking for good food, good service and good value. These 5 business growth tips will help you fill your restaurant, remind existing customers why they love dining at your restaurant and bring in more revenue! Start a Rewards Card Program: Reward cards are a great tool to attract repeat business. This [...]
Tweet The earliest street food vendors trace back to ancient Greece where small fried fish were first to make the menu. Today, a new generation of street food enthusiasts are lining up at food trucks. Affordability and flexibility are just a few benefits of starting a mobile foodservice business. If you happen to be an [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter