Tweet As is the case with most things that are inherently good, the notion of going green has come with a not-so-grand tag-along that’s making the process seem less legitimate. The concept of “greenwashing” – creating, packaging, and selling a few minimal green concepts as a commitment to sustainability – is one that tarnishes the [...]
Archive | February, 2013
Tweet Ice is like origami paper. Okay not really, but it can be made into many different shapes and forms. Each shape has a purpose and is ideal for specific needs due to size, melting time, etc. All commercial ice machine brands manufacturer cube, nugget and flake style ice, but some have patented forms too. [...]
Tweet Tomato Fun Fact: While tomatoes are perfectly safe and healthy to eat, their leaves are actually toxic! Puzzle Difficulty: Medium 4×4
Tweet The Tundra Design Group is a talented team that provides design services to owners, operators, developers, and design professionals involved in restaurant, hotel and resort foodservice facilities worldwide. With restaurants including Frasca, Mountain Standard Vail, The Kitchen and Hapa Sushi on his resume, Jeff Katz has perfected the art and science of restaurant design. [...]
Tweet Here at Tundra we have team members that have been here since the company started in 1993, and team members that have worked in almost every department. It’s a place that breathes fun and expression; in fact, it’s written in the values. But these are only a few attributes that can be considered part of [...]
Tweet Presidents Day Fun Fact: President’s Day is not the official name of the holiday we call by that name. It’s really Washington’s Birthday. This holiday was celebrated during George Washington’s lifetime but it didn’t become a federal holiday till 1885. It is celebrated as George Washington Day in Virginia. Puzzle Difficulty: Easy 3×3
Tweet According to the National Restaurant Association (NRA), foodservice sales are expected to hit a record $660B this year! Consumers are spending money in all areas of foodservice, which is great news if you’re a traditional restaurant owner, quick-service restaurant operator, caterer or bar and tavern owner. The foodservice industry will not only be serving [...]
Tweet There’s no question about it, your servers are the face (and essentially heart) of your restaurant. They’re the windows through which your customers view how you run your business. This being true, it’s important to equip your servers with the skills and tools needed to make you money while leaving the best impression. Servers [...]
Tweet Mardi Gras Fact: In addition to celebrations in New Orleans and Rio, other famous celebrations of the day take place in Baranquilla in Colombia, Port-of-Spain in Trinidad and Tobago, Mazatlan in Mexico and Quebec City in Canada. Puzzle Difficulty: Easy 3×3
Tweet Here at Tundra we’re lucky enough to have an in-house web analyst, Emily Pearson, whose sole job is to dig into analytics data and report trends so that we can better run our business; and me being the search engine optimization (SEO) specialist here, I’ve worked with analytics data for many years as well [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter