Tweet Valentine’s Day Fun Fact: Many believe the ‘X’ symbol became synonymous with the kiss in medieval times. People who couldn’t write their names signed in front of a witness with an ‘X.’ The ‘X’ was then kissed to show their sincerity. Puzzle Difficulty: Hard 5×5
Archive | February, 2013
Tweet Question I have a vintage Detroit Star range from the 30′s or 40′s. It has a Robertshaw thermostat control for the oven, but I think that the therm or tube is defective. Any ideas on someone that can check it out? I live in Duluth, MN. Thanks, Richard Answer Hey Richard, The BJWA type [...]
Tweet Cara Schlarb, Director of Product Marketing at Tundra, is the go-to-person for vendor relationships and product standards. She’s responsible for ensuring that the more than 60,000 products we sell are the best products available for our customers. And, of course, she’s also responsible for staying atop of industry trends so that Tundra continues to [...]
Tweet When you visit Tundra Restaurant Supply, you’ll often see one of our four-legged friends roaming the hallways, or lounging on their doggie bed. And we think that being able to bring our dogs to work is a great perk here, so we had one of our biggest friends (Royal, an Irish Wolfhound that stands [...]
Tweet “Bringing OVER 60,000 Commercial Restaurant Supplies to the Table” is an accomplishment Tundra would like to yell from the mountain tops! Our assortment of products includes everything from restaurant equipment and parts, to kitchen supplies and disposables. And with all of these products – from over 600 manufacturers – it’s hard to believe Tundra [...]
Tweet I recently had a discussion with Tundra’s Senior Graphic Designer, Chase Middaugh. I learned that he was vegan, and with me coming from a family of hunters, my first question to him (of course) was, “Why?” He explained that it was about making healthy choices and believing that everything he ate should come from [...]
Tweet Our blog team wanted to add a little fun to your Sundays, and we’re starting with this great game day picture! And, in case this is your first attempt at a sliding puzzle, we’ll give the details on how to play (seriously, where have you been hiding?): Single click (do not drag) the square [...]
Tweet Question When I put in a small batch of food in the fryer, the fire is perfectly normal; however, when I fry a large batch, the fire becomes so small that the fryer can’t even heat the food. Do you think the problem is that the thermostat is bad? How much would you say [...]
Tweet What is NAFEM The NAFEM Show (North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers) in Orlando, Florida is the largest foodservice equipment and supplies solutions trade show in the country with over 500 exhibitors on display – that’s 760,000 square feet of exhibits! Dealers and distributors, end users, foodservice manufacturers, consultants, designers, specialists, service technicians [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter