Tweet Not sure what the difference is between a manual and thermostatic commercial griddle? Well you’re not alone, we get asked all the time! Let me break it down for you… Manual Griddles A manual griddle has controls similar to a commercial range with adjustable dials (low, medium, and high settings with a few [...]
Archive | 2013
Tweet Fun Fact: The IRS reported receiving 131,543,000 individual income tax returns in 2009. If each return were processed at the rate of one per minute (and that’s fast!), it would take more than 250 years for one person to do the job.
Tweet It’s been almost a month and I can’t stop thinking about Dreamstaurant winner, Chef Adam Hegsted’s Wandering Table and how awesome it was to experience. From the location to the people to the food, it was spectacular! In my last post about the dinner I shared an image of the 12 course menu for the evening. [...]
Tweet Get some pit gloves for pork pulling The pig, when prepared well, is an animal whose meaty bits provide a wide array of scrumptious goodness. While some less-than-appealing parts of this magic meat machine (like the feet, intestines, ears, or jowls) are still eaten around the world, it’s putting pork to the barbecue or [...]
Tweet Suns out, guns out – beach bods unite! Now, more than ever, guests are noticing their calorie intake and diet rituals because swimsuit season is right around the corner. But do menu calorie counts truly affect consumer eating habits while dining out? Menu Calorie Count Law According to the FDA, menu calorie counts will [...]
Tweet Fun Fact:A giant wheel of Cheddar cheese was given to Queen Victoria (1837-1901) for a wedding gift. It weighed over 1,000 pounds. A normal Cheddar wheel weighs 60-75 pounds.
Tweet Some of my co-workers and I recently had the privilege to tour the Ice-O-Matic factory in Denver, Colorado. Now don’t go running off just yet, let me get one thing said up front: I know that factory tours, or even ice for that matter, aren’t exactly at the top of the list for must-do’s, [...]
Tweet Inventive cuisine has its place, but sometimes all you want is a hearty meal of your favorite comfort foods. There are certain feel-good foods Americans reach for when we need to be comforted – from creamy, cheesy macaroni and cheese to a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup, even a quick and easy peanut [...]
Tweet Last April we put in place our own waste management system, which evolved after studying our not so healthy trash habits around the office. The result of this had us cutting down on our trash and ramping up our recycling and composting efforts. First, we installed composting bins to capture paper towels in the [...]
Tweet Our last infographic was fun and shared information on just how many wings we consume in a year – especially around the Super Bowl. However, this infographic is taking a completely different approach and showing the reality of how much food is wasted around the world, in the US, and in restaurants. It’s quite [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Ah, Beer. The Rise of Craft Beer in America May 24, 2013
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter