There are some fantastic training programs and trainers working in the industry. At most restaurants though, training is squeezed in with other daily activities because of the urgent demands of operating a restaurant. This is the nature of the industry. Because of this, there is room to improve restaurant training. Well into my tenure as [...]
About Erik Bullman
Author Archive | Erik Bullman
Restaurant service is all about details. Everything from the demeanor of the people at the front door, to the cleanliness of the seats and the restrooms, to the quality and consistency of the food, and the attentiveness of the service are all important. As is everything in between. Below is a list of several simple [...]
There are several moments that are crucial to the guest’s perception of your restaurant. In order for service staff and managers to deliver a great guest experience, they must understand these important aspects of the guest experience. Specifically these are when the guest is entering the building, being greeted by the server, checked on during [...]
There are many servers and the occasional manager who believe that your tips are based on your clientele. To them it’s all about the people you have. Through my experience, I have found this to be untrue. Recently, I thought of some things a server could be doing wrong. With that, I have some information [...]
Beverage sales are a great way to increase your check totals. Since that is what your tips are based on, the higher the better. In order to do this you must know your liquor. Not everyone does. A server’s lack of vital bar knowledge can result in lost sales for the restaurant and lost tips [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Suspended Coffee – Dream Big. Start Small. June 17, 2013
- Amy’s Baking Company: What a Disaster June 14, 2013
- Cleaning Underneath Restaurant Kitchen Equipment is Easy With Stoveshoes June 10, 2013
- 7 Tips for Printing Restaurant Menus June 7, 2013
- Frozen Drink Dispenser Recipes from Bunn June 3, 2013
- mike: I just purchased new 2 tri-star fryers with propan...
- william eng: I have a Pitco 45C that is about 4 years old and r...
- william eng: Hi Miles, did you find a solution to the little f...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to your problem? I have a...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to this? I have the same ...
Food Service Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter