When I started doing research on the Suspended Coffee Movement I expected to find a lot of information on restaurants and people working together to support those in need, but what I actually found was that this movement has its flaws that causes many restaurants to turn their cheek the other way. What is the [...]
About Kasy Allen@kasyallen | As an Online Marketing Strategist, Kasy Allen brings more than 7 years experience in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy and Internet marketing. She enjoys writing on the web and improving user experience across the Tundra site. When Kasy is out of the office, she can often be found volunteering her time to help non-profit organizations build an online presence, and exploring the great outdoors with her family.
Author Archive | Kasy Allen
One of the most common missed cleaning spots in a restaurant kitchen is underneath (and behind) large kitchen equipment, but this is also one area that the health inspector is guaranteed to check. And we understand, cleaning under these large appliances is a pain: mop strings get stuck in the casters, it takes multiple people [...]
It’s funny how intimidating it can seem to add a little presentation to a dish, which is why the majority of us plop our meals on a plate when we’re at home and totally leave plating décor to the wayside. But what may look like takes hours to complete, is actually quite easy. Besides Chefs [...]
Fun Fact: Memorial Day was originally created to honor Union soldiers who’d died while fighting in the Civil War. Because of this, southern states did not observe Memorial Day until after World War I, when the holiday was expanded to include soldiers from all wars.
Imagine sitting down at a restaurant and being met with disgust when you question a menu item; unfortunately, that’s what a lot of people with dietary restrictions are being met with when they dine out. The message here isn’t that every restaurant is this way, but rather that you should think about how your restaurant [...]
Fun Fact: World Baking Day began as a way for cake lovers around the globe to share their passion for baking.
There are ancient Sumerian and Babylonian records that date back to 2100 BC that describe honey, but this was only the first record of the sweet stuff. Historians believe that honey is likely way older than this. When the Spaniards arrived in the Americas in 1600 AD, they found that the natives had already developed [...]
Fun Fact: On Mother’s Day 2011, more than half of the shoppers surveyed by the National Retail Federation said they wanted to take mom to a restaurant to celebrate, which was an estimated spend of $3 billion.
Weddings have classically been known as a formal affair with rooms filled with round tables, elegant place settings that include seating cards, and a wedding cake large enough to be seen by everyone. And even though a few wedding parties still opt for a more formal setting, there are many that have ventured over to [...]
Fun Fact: The celebration of Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican national holiday which celebrates the triumphant victory of the Mexicans over the French in 1862 at the Battle of Puebla.
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Suspended Coffee – Dream Big. Start Small. June 17, 2013
- Amy’s Baking Company: What a Disaster June 14, 2013
- Cleaning Underneath Restaurant Kitchen Equipment is Easy With Stoveshoes June 10, 2013
- 7 Tips for Printing Restaurant Menus June 7, 2013
- Frozen Drink Dispenser Recipes from Bunn June 3, 2013
- Robert Duran: Greg , The information you provided on the combin...
- mike: I just purchased new 2 tri-star fryers with propan...
- william eng: I have a Pitco 45C that is about 4 years old and r...
- william eng: Hi Miles, did you find a solution to the little f...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to your problem? I have a...
Food Service Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter