Tweet Fun Fact: World Baking Day began as a way for cake lovers around the globe to share their passion for baking.
About Kasy Allen@kasyallen | As an Online Marketing Strategist, Kasy Allen brings more than 7 years experience in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy and Internet marketing. She enjoys writing on the web and improving user experience across the Tundra site. When Kasy is out of the office, she can often be found volunteering her time to help non-profit organizations build an online presence, and exploring the great outdoors with her family.
Author Archive | Kasy Allen
Tweet There are ancient Sumerian and Babylonian records that date back to 2100 BC that describe honey, but this was only the first record of the sweet stuff. Historians believe that honey is likely way older than this. When the Spaniards arrived in the Americas in 1600 AD, they found that the natives had already [...]
Tweet Fun Fact: On Mother’s Day 2011, more than half of the shoppers surveyed by the National Retail Federation said they wanted to take mom to a restaurant to celebrate, which was an estimated spend of $3 billion.
Tweet Weddings have classically been known as a formal affair with rooms filled with round tables, elegant place settings that include seating cards, and a wedding cake large enough to be seen by everyone. And even though a few wedding parties still opt for a more formal setting, there are many that have ventured over [...]
Tweet Fun Fact: The celebration of Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican national holiday which celebrates the triumphant victory of the Mexicans over the French in 1862 at the Battle of Puebla.
Tweet Fun Fact: Daffodils were brought to Britain by the Romans who thought that the sap from Daffodils had healing powers. Actually the sap contains crystals that can irritate the skin.
Tweet Fun Fact: More than 100 billion pieces of junk mail are delivered in the United States each year. And we all know where the majority of junk mail ends up.
Tweet If you thought that throwing up a picture of the front of your restaurant and contact information made for a great website, then you my friend need to see what other restaurants around the country are doing to encourage diners to walk their way. Here’s a list of 10 things we’ve seen restaurants doing that keep [...]
Tweet Fun Fact: The IRS reported receiving 131,543,000 individual income tax returns in 2009. If each return were processed at the rate of one per minute (and that’s fast!), it would take more than 250 years for one person to do the job.
Tweet Fun Fact:A giant wheel of Cheddar cheese was given to Queen Victoria (1837-1901) for a wedding gift. It weighed over 1,000 pounds. A normal Cheddar wheel weighs 60-75 pounds.
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter