Tweet Fun Fact: World Baking Day began as a way for cake lovers around the globe to share their passion for baking.
Archive | Games RSS feed for this section
Tweet Fun Fact: On Mother’s Day 2011, more than half of the shoppers surveyed by the National Retail Federation said they wanted to take mom to a restaurant to celebrate, which was an estimated spend of $3 billion.
Tweet Fun Fact: The celebration of Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican national holiday which celebrates the triumphant victory of the Mexicans over the French in 1862 at the Battle of Puebla.
Tweet Fun Fact: Daffodils were brought to Britain by the Romans who thought that the sap from Daffodils had healing powers. Actually the sap contains crystals that can irritate the skin.
Tweet Fun Fact: More than 100 billion pieces of junk mail are delivered in the United States each year. And we all know where the majority of junk mail ends up.
Tweet Fun Fact: The IRS reported receiving 131,543,000 individual income tax returns in 2009. If each return were processed at the rate of one per minute (and that’s fast!), it would take more than 250 years for one person to do the job.
Tweet Fun Fact:A giant wheel of Cheddar cheese was given to Queen Victoria (1837-1901) for a wedding gift. It weighed over 1,000 pounds. A normal Cheddar wheel weighs 60-75 pounds.
Tweet Fun Fact: The Scottish love April Fools’ Day. In fact they love it so much, they celebrate it for two days. In Scotland they call it “hunting the gowk” (the cuckoo), and if you are tricked, you are an ”April gowk.” To really get “behind” the holiday, the second day, called “Taily Day,” is devoted to pranks involving the back [...]
Tweet Fun Fact: Besides chocolate, what other candy pops its head around the corner during Easter time? Jelly beans! An astounding 16 billion jelly beans are made exclusively for Easter. That’s enough beans to fill a plastic egg the size of a nine story building!
Tweet Fun Fact: St. Patrick’s Day is observed on March 17 because that is the feast day of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. It is believed that he died on March 17 in the year 461 AD. It is also a worldwide celebration of Irish culture and history. St. Patrick’s Day is a [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter