There aren’t many kitchen prep tools that we’d recommend investing in that only does one job in the kitchen, but this is one of those tools that we’re more than happy to step aside and let it take the spotlight. Vollrath’s Redco Instacut Cucumber Slicer (#55010) was made specifically for cutting perfectly sliced julienned cucumbers, and where would those uniformly cut veggies be sliced and diced the most? In a sushi restaurant, of course.
Think about it, how much time do you think is spent cutting cucumbers in a sushi restaurant? It’s a time intensive and tedious task that takes up precious time, but with this handy slicer, staff can cut right through cucumbers so that they can get back to other kitchen needs. Other reasons to love this cucumber slicer include:
- It’s 10x faster than traditional cutting methods – that helps cut labor costs too.
- Cut fresh cucumbers NOW – no need to prep slices ahead of time, you can deliver super fresh cucumber slices as needed.
- Consistency – we’ve never seen a better method for delivering consistent, julienned sushi cuts.
How it Works
- Cut the ends off of the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber the length you want your julienned slices. Keep in mind a typical nori sheet is 8” long, so 8” long or 4” long is ideal.
- Place the cucumber lengthwise in the cucumber slicer, move your hands out of the way, and push the red handle down.
There ya go, perfect cucumber slices for fast-paced sushi restaurants, and without the hassle. Bonus, if you don’t want to keep the seed sections, those slices can easily be picked out and put to the side.
P.S. Of course, if morokyu is on the menu, you’ll still need to resort back to the old way of slicing and dicing.