Tweet The notion and method of induction cooking has been making its way into commercial kitchens for a while now. Impressive, attractive induction cooktops have saturated the market, and while the science behind the technology is sound, many consumers are still hesitant to take the plunge. We’re not here to try and convince you to [...]
Archive | Product Watch RSS feed for this section
Tweet Aside from knowing how to mix hundreds of cocktails, a bartender must know what type of glass to pour their mouth-watering drinks and cocktails into. So, to make life just a tad bit easier we have smashed our brains together to develop a restaurant glassware guide that will make your toes curl with joy. [...]
Tweet Every restaurant kitchen is full of tools of the trade, from heavy duty gas ranges to the lowliest spatula, it takes a lot of equipment to serve your customers right – day in and day out. Keeping track of all the equipment and products that can help make your operation run more smoothly could [...]
Tweet Fagor commercial dishwashers are a great choice for any restaurant or commercial kitchen. These dish machines are affordable, energy efficient, and very durable. Fagor has always been known internationally for their quality products and it’s only recently that they’ve made a name for themselves in the U.S. When selecting the right Fagor dish machine [...]
Tweet Star Manufacturing has been in the commercial cooking equipment business for a long time. And their equipment has proven itself in the tough working conditions of commercial kitchens time and time again. Star is probably best known for its countertop cooking equipment, and accessories like griddles, charbroilers, hot plates and hot dog cooking equipment… [...]
Tweet As the past few years have shown, produce can be a food safety liability for anyone in the food service industry. Easy spoilage also makes produce a very difficult item to manage on your inventory. On top of all that, produce takes a lot of time and labor to prep. Yet fruits and vegetables [...]
Tweet Your restaurant uses a lot of water. Between the water you serve your guests, the ice machine, the dish machine, and the sink, any restaurant goes through a lot of water on a daily basis. I don’t have to tell you how much that water costs you. I’m sure you’re reminded every time you [...]
Tweet Every to go container, every disposable cup, and every plastic fork your restaurant uses ends up in a landfill somewhere. Over the course of a year that adds up to millions of tons of trash from all the restaurants in the United States. For most restaurants, these disposable items are a necessary part of [...]
Tweet To be honest, there has been a lot of skepticism among the people I have talked to in the restaurant supply business when they first encounter the EndoTherm Thermometer. Maybe it’s the appearance: the oversized outer plastic shell, which houses a normal alcohol thermometer immersed in a special silicone gel, gives the impression of [...]
Tweet If your restaurant is short on food prep equipment, Electrolux-Dito can definitely help. From the popular Bermixer stick mixer series to vegetable cutters, slicers, and big floor mixers, there’s a Dito for whatever food prep task you have in your kitchen. Use Dito Bermixers to power mix whatever you’re making: sauces, soups, etc. For [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter