Printing your menus may be the final step, but don’t let it be an afterthought. Once you’ve invested in a branded design that’s engineered for success, you’ll want to see that quality carried through to the finished product. Visually appealing menus generate more sales, so follow these simple tips to maximize your menu’s payoff. 1. [...]
Archive | In The Restaurant RSS feed for this section
Imagine sitting down at a restaurant and being met with disgust when you question a menu item; unfortunately, that’s what a lot of people with dietary restrictions are being met with when they dine out. The message here isn’t that every restaurant is this way, but rather that you should think about how your restaurant [...]
Suns out, guns out – beach bods unite! Now, more than ever, guests are noticing their calorie intake and diet rituals because swimsuit season is right around the corner. But do menu calorie counts truly affect consumer eating habits while dining out? Menu Calorie Count Law According to the FDA, menu calorie counts will soon [...]
As we sat at West Flanders Brewing Company enjoying some of their delicious brews for happy hour, the lights suddenly went dim. At first it was hard to focus on small things, like the menu and details on people’s faces, especially distant ones. This wasn’t anything new to any of us – restaurants dim the [...]
Ice is like origami paper. Okay not really, but it can be made into many different shapes and forms. Each shape has a purpose and is ideal for specific needs due to size, melting time, etc. All commercial ice machine brands manufacturer cube, nugget and flake style ice, but some have patented forms too. Cube [...]
It’s inevitable, people love to complain. They love to complain about the weather, their hair, their weight, etc. Well, let me be your punching bag! In fact, I would love to hear your complaints. I am going to do my best to inform restaurateurs how to create a better atmosphere for everyone in the FOH. [...]
The last post I wrote was on healthy oils, which I would hope anyone that ventures out for a deep fried meal would look into. As soon as you start talking about deep frying, people begin telling you the crazy things they’ve eaten that’s been covered in batter and cooked in oil to perfection. I’ve [...]
Oh the woes of being a server: the fast paced rush, the kitchen yelling at you for what your customers have ordered, the table of people that are mean to you and make you want to cry and the co-worker who is always telling you how to do things better! It seems the woes never [...]
Picture your next outing to a new restaurant or eatery. Mouths watering, you and your dinner companions order the same large entrees based on similar tastes and growling stomachs. As your succulent steaks make their way to the table, you notice your friend to the left has a small spoonful of potatoes overshadowed by an [...]
In 1621, Pilgrims dressed in black and white with buckled shoes and hats atop their heads in the Plymouth Colony to celebrate their first harvest. They invited the Wampanoag Indians and everyone gobbled down turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. That’s the story you probably learned as a young child. Well, it turns out [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Suspended Coffee – Dream Big. Start Small. June 17, 2013
- Amy’s Baking Company: What a Disaster June 14, 2013
- Cleaning Underneath Restaurant Kitchen Equipment is Easy With Stoveshoes June 10, 2013
- 7 Tips for Printing Restaurant Menus June 7, 2013
- Frozen Drink Dispenser Recipes from Bunn June 3, 2013
- Robert Duran: Greg , The information you provided on the combin...
- mike: I just purchased new 2 tri-star fryers with propan...
- william eng: I have a Pitco 45C that is about 4 years old and r...
- william eng: Hi Miles, did you find a solution to the little f...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to your problem? I have a...
Food Service Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter