A Boynton Beach, Florida man experienced a terrible emergency recently: the local Burger King was out of lemonade. 66-year-old Jean Fortune was ordering food at a Burger King location in Boynton Beach when he was told that there was no more lemonade at the restaurant. A distraught Fortune called 911 and complained about the lack [...]
Archive | Restaurant Trends and News RSS feed for this section
Google has profoundly affected the way business is done the world over. Besides becoming a frequently used verb (meaning “to search”) in multiple languages, the internet search and advertising giant became an international success on a business model that has never been attempted before. Google offers its primary service, internet search, for free. Ten years [...]
Everyone remembers the bad rap potatoes got when the Atkins Diet was at its peak – too many carbs meant the potato should be avoided at all costs. But times, and attitudes, have changed as more and more people realize diets are less about all protein and more about making healthy food choices. Potatoes have [...]
Crocs Shoes have become an internationally recognized name in footwear in a very short amount of time. That’s due to the non-slip, comfortable, and convenient universal usability of the original Croc. The Boulder, CO company has built upon this success by developing several new styles made specifically for the food service industry. Crocs universal styles [...]
The online restaurant review site Yelp has become increasingly suspicious to the small business owners who the site supposedly supports. The website is based in San Francisco, where it is also the most popular, although Yelp does post reviews about restaurants in 24 cities across the United States. Restaurant and small business owners in San [...]
Some restaurateurs are taking advantage of a 7 year low in choice and prime beef to offer their customers some great values on more expensive beef cuts like sirloin, T-bones, and ribeyes. As consumer spending has ground to a halt, expensive cuts of beef have languished while affordable options like hamburger have continued to sell [...]
Entomophagy is the human consumption of insects of any kind. Before you recoil in horror, consider a few interesting facts about eating insects: 1,700 different insect species are eaten in 113 countries across the globe. Scientists note that insects are a great source of protein and unsaturated fats as well as other key vitamins and [...]
As social media matures and becomes one of the leading elements of Web 2.0, business owners, including those in the food service industry, have started to look for ways to engage customers through sites like MySpace and Facebook. But just how effective is it to make a Facebook page for your restaurant? Dunkin’ Donuts launched [...]
Sake is fermented from rice and lies somewhere between beer and wine as an alcoholic beverage. It’s popularity has grown in the U.S., and this has mostly been the result of the growth of sushi in popularity. In fact, most people would never think about ordering sake if they weren’t eating Japanese cuisine. Well, that’s [...]
It was just another night at William’s Supper Club, in Muskego, WI until there was a rude interruption recently. Joey Geraci burst through an open door in the kitchen of the restaurant and immediately grabbed a teenaged busgirl, claiming he had a gun. The would be robber dragged the poor girl into the bar, where [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Suspended Coffee – Dream Big. Start Small. June 17, 2013
- Amy’s Baking Company: What a Disaster June 14, 2013
- Cleaning Underneath Restaurant Kitchen Equipment is Easy With Stoveshoes June 10, 2013
- 7 Tips for Printing Restaurant Menus June 7, 2013
- Frozen Drink Dispenser Recipes from Bunn June 3, 2013
- Robert Duran: Greg , The information you provided on the combin...
- mike: I just purchased new 2 tri-star fryers with propan...
- william eng: I have a Pitco 45C that is about 4 years old and r...
- william eng: Hi Miles, did you find a solution to the little f...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to your problem? I have a...
Food Service Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter