Tweet The short answer is yes, definitely. As long as you build a decent site, it can’t hurt your marketing efforts and has the potential to be a big help. Some of the things you can do with an internet presence for your restaurant: Get to know your customers. A website is a great way [...]
Archive | Technology and Marketing RSS feed for this section
Tweet The folks at MustHaveMenus.com were kind enough to share some great marketing insights from John Foley, editor of The Restaurant Blog. Must Have Menus is your source for food menu templates, event flyers, restaurant menu software, and restaurant marketing ideas. 1. What are some easy, inexpensive ways to drive customer traffic to your restaurant [...]
Tweet Big chain restaurants dominate the mass market when it comes to advertising – a fact of life that can sometimes make it difficult for smaller independent operations to be heard among all the songs about baby back ribs. Launching a restaurant marketing campaign for an independent means less money to spend and more to [...]
Tweet Restaurants and commercial kitchens have always been relatively high turnover work environments, making new employee recruiting and training a constant chore for management. A few basic procedures can help you maximize employee retention and reduce turnover, which in turn reduces costs and increases efficiency. Cast a wide net. When you have a job opening, get [...]
Tweet The website KlickKitchen, launched over a year ago, allows chefs to source food products for their restaurant or commercial kitchen exclusively through the web. Vendors upload their food products and restaurants log in and order what they need from the website’s catalog of foodstuffs. The site is the creation of Jordan Glaser, formerly of [...]
Tweet Last month, Rohit Bhargava published a post with a compelling title, “Forget Eating Your Own Dog Food – Just Try Buying It …” His premise is built around the adage that the best way to understand your customer is to experience your product as they would and he means every step of the customer [...]
Tweet Mobile marketing is beginning to sound like the movie Minority Report, where pedestrians had their retinas scanned by computers as they walked by stores and voices addressed them by name and encouraged them to buy products tailored to their personal preferences. That would be scary, but it’s never gonna happen to me, right? Surely [...]
Tweet Everyone’s got an opinion. And in the internet age, everyone can and does voice their opinion online. A short search online will bring back at least one person’s opinion about every kind of business under the sun, from eye doctors to painters. Restaurants are particularly targeted by the masses of opinion makers out there, [...]
Tweet The Pareto Principle has long been hailed as the Holy Grail of marketing, the one rule by which all marketing efforts succeed or fail. The principle itself is pretty simple: 20% of your customers drive 80% of your sales. There’s always a core group of loyal customers who not only spend money in your [...]
Tweet For years now restaurants have been instructed that marketing through social networks is the wave of the future. A second dot.com boom has surfaced with companies promising closer ties to consumers for restaurant owners. Social networking does provide a tremendous opportunity to restaurants that commit to successfully managing their online presence. The reason why [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Ah, Beer. The Rise of Craft Beer in America May 24, 2013
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter