Tweet Promoting your restaurant is a never-ending task. As a restaurateur, you understand just how important marketing is to your success. You probably also don’t have the resources to carry out a massive campaign (like Coke or Budweiser), and every dollar you spend needs to come back as a paying customer. Even in trying times [...]
Archive | Technology and Marketing RSS feed for this section
Tweet iPhone apps are all the rage right now, and already there is an app for just about anything you can think of under the sun. This includes the restaurant industry, and these 10 apps are affecting how consumers make their decisions on where and when to go out to eat, which directly affects your [...]
Tweet More and more restaurants, especially fast casual, coffee shop, and quick service chains, are becoming WiFi internet hotspots, allowing customers to plug in to an internet network directly from their laptop computer at their table. Turning your restaurant into a hotspot is relatively easy and has proven to help boost lunch sales by as much [...]
Tweet TVs have slowly been creeping further and further into every restaurant’s atmosphere for years now. It started with a small black and white television in one corner of the bar so guys could watch the game. Now many bars have several HD flatscreens showing multiple games and news channels at once, and even dining [...]
Tweet A pilot project currently in development at Google will enable health officials to spot outbreaks of deadly food borne illnesses 7 to 10 days faster than the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) current system. Google accomplishes this by tracking queries entered into its search engine by people who are trying to find information on [...]
Tweet Italian Claudio Torghele has developed a pizza vending machine, complete with dough, sauce, and toppings, all in less than three minutes. The machine, called “Let’s Pizza,” will knead the dough, spread the sauce, and give you a choice of toppings, including bacon, ham, cheese and tomato, and vegetable. Customers can watch their pizza being [...]
Tweet Plenty of national food service companies have been eager to wade into the social media world as a way to engage and recruit customers. Dunkin’ Donuts has tens of thousands of friends on Facebook. Other restaurants, large and small, have pumped up their online presence in recent years and the internet has become a [...]
Tweet Google has profoundly affected the way business is done the world over. Besides becoming a frequently used verb (meaning “to search”) in multiple languages, the internet search and advertising giant became an international success on a business model that has never been attempted before. Google offers its primary service, internet search, for free. Ten [...]
Tweet The online restaurant review site Yelp has become increasingly suspicious to the small business owners who the site supposedly supports. The website is based in San Francisco, where it is also the most popular, although Yelp does post reviews about restaurants in 24 cities across the United States. Restaurant and small business owners in [...]
Tweet As social media matures and becomes one of the leading elements of Web 2.0, business owners, including those in the food service industry, have started to look for ways to engage customers through sites like MySpace and Facebook. But just how effective is it to make a Facebook page for your restaurant? Dunkin’ Donuts [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter