When I started doing research on the Suspended Coffee Movement I expected to find a lot of information on restaurants and people working together to support those in need, but what I actually found was that this movement has its flaws that causes many restaurants to turn their cheek the other way. What is the [...]
Archive | Tundra RSS feed for this section
From May 17th – June 14th we’re running a photo contest on our Facebook page. The grand prize is a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler valued at $949.95 and this puppy is packed with features including auto defrost by thermostat cycle, an LED temperature display and a front facing ventilation grill at the base for built-in applications. [...]
Culture is a concept that seems to elude and confuse companies from one end of the business spectrum to the other, but a company’s culture is an ever-present aspect of any establishment. From the Mom & Pop corner diner to the highly-polished chain restaurant – and on up to the corporate offices calling the shots [...]
Coupon Audit recently put together an infographic on the top food blogs to follow in 2012 and named the Back Burner #15! There were many great food blogs listed (like my personal favorite Door to Door Organics) and we are excited to see that our blog stands with some of the greatest food blogs out [...]
We don’t brag often, but the time has come! Some amazing partnerships have recently formed and we want to shout our excitement on the Back Burner blog! High West Oyster Fest Tundra has joined hands with the Big Red F Restaurant Group and Jax Fish House Boulder to support the Veterans Expeditions – a Colorado [...]
With the expansion into the online marketplace came the potential for Tundra to bring business to the national and global fronts, providing large establishments as well as the at-home consumer an avenue to shop equipment and parts from the comfort of a computer. A bare-bones website, constructed and maintained by Michael’s son Ryan Lewis in [...]
From a garage based one-man parts company, to a recognized national supplier of literally everything including the kitchen sink, Tundra Restaurant Supply has grown as a business and evolved as a concept for the past twenty years. This month Tundra’s crossing that anniversary line, and co-founders Michael Lewis and Rob Fenton have been along for [...]
Back in 1993, Michael Lewis was traveling to Boulder, Colorado from back east and already had a dream about starting a new restaurant supply company. He was so amped about this new adventure that he scribbled down the mission statement and company values before he even had a name for the company – the company [...]
One of our veteran employees has a gift that has inspired people worldwide. His name is Alonzo Clemons and he has Savant Syndrome – “a rare, but spectacular, condition in which persons with various developmental disabilities have astonishing islands of ability or brilliance that stand in stark, markedly incongruous, contrast to the handicap (Treffert, n.d.).” [...]
The Tundra Design Group is a talented team that provides design services to owners, operators, developers, and design professionals involved in restaurant, hotel and resort foodservice facilities worldwide. With restaurants including Frasca, Mountain Standard Vail, The Kitchen and Hapa Sushi on his resume, Jeff Katz has perfected the art and science of restaurant design. I [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Suspended Coffee – Dream Big. Start Small. June 17, 2013
- Amy’s Baking Company: What a Disaster June 14, 2013
- Cleaning Underneath Restaurant Kitchen Equipment is Easy With Stoveshoes June 10, 2013
- 7 Tips for Printing Restaurant Menus June 7, 2013
- Frozen Drink Dispenser Recipes from Bunn June 3, 2013
- mike: I just purchased new 2 tri-star fryers with propan...
- william eng: I have a Pitco 45C that is about 4 years old and r...
- william eng: Hi Miles, did you find a solution to the little f...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to your problem? I have a...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to this? I have the same ...
Food Service Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter