When you’re organizing a State Fair there are plenty of things you need to have on hand beyond just food and crowds. But we didn’t want to just give you a long list of concession items; instead, we took this great example from Buzzfeed, and gave it our own spin.
1. You’ll need extra janitorial supplies, because you know there’s going to be a mess. There’s always a mess.
2. You’ll also need plenty of paper towels, napkins, and disposable plates, so hopefully people can maintain their own messes – don’t forget the trash bags to uphold trash levels!
3. To compete for the most extreme State Fair eats, you’ll definitely have to stock up on the right merchandisers and supplies – chocolate covered corn dogs anyone?
4. And fried foods, yeah, you need to be prepared for your next fried food concoction too. Donut hamburgers… may be good?
5. You’re in the middle of State Fair week and something breaks. This is the time for breaks, because the closest supplier is miles away. Don’t be jealous that your neighbor thought ahead and made sure he had all the extra parts needed to make quick repairs.
6. Tables? Chairs? Drapes? Booth Equipment? Why rent when you can buy it and reuse it every year (shh, it also saves you more money this way).
7. Step right up! Velvet rope isn’t just for corralling the crowds, it also adds a little pizazz to your booth.