Here at The Back Burner we try to provide as many resources as possible for your success. Over the past six months we have published a treasure trove of restaurant marketing tips that can help you get more butts in seats. I don’t have to tell you that it’s been a tough year. The good news is, if you’re still here, you’re obviously doing something right.
This is also the time to grab more customers. Their favorite eatery might have recently gone out of business, or they’re looking for a place with good eats, good service, and above all, good value. Now is your chance to shine. And here are 20 marketing tips that will help you get more customers and remind your existing ones to come back and visit:
1. Should Your Restaurant Have A Website? – In a word, YES! Learn how to get your website up and running here.
2. Use Twitter To Marker Your Restaurant (4 Strategies For Success) – Yeah, yeah, I’m sure you’re tired of hearing about Twitter, and if you haven’t signed up already, chances are pretty slim you will now. But give this a read and make sure you really do want to pass this opportunity up.
3. Email Marketing: 7 Tips For Restaurants – Email is one of the most effective marketing tools out there, and if you’re not using it to reach your customers, you’re missing out on one of the best Return On Investment (ROI) marketing strategies out there.
4. Improve Restaurant Sales At Food Festivals – even though the summer food festival season is mostly over, it’s never too early to start planning for next year. Learn the why and the how here.
5. 4 Steps To Managing Your Reputation Online – With the advent of social media and user generated content on the internet, people are talking about your restaurant somewhere. While most of this chatter is probably positive, it only takes a couple disgruntled customers to ruin your online reputation. Learn how to manage that reputation here.
6. Restaurant Marketing Goes Hyperlocal – New apps for mobile devices break down restaurants and bars by the block. Some urban eateries are taking advantage of this “hyperlocal” trend to advertise very specifically to customers in their neighborhood.
7. Restaurant Promotion Gone Afoul: The Most expensive Free I’ve Ever Seen – In this guest post by Jaime Oikle, learn how a coupon scheme run by restaurant.com can actually hurt your bottom line.
8. For All The Hype, Are Restaurants Really Using Social Media? – Everyone, including me, is telling restaurants to get into the social media game. Are restaurants listening? A new study suggests they aren’t.
9. The Casa Bonita Secret To Being A Successful Restaurant – Good food, good service, and good prices all play a role in a restaurant’s success. But being unique is probably the single most important factor in a restaurant’s success.
10. Menu Pricing’s Theory Of Relativity – Every customer looks at price when selecting their meal. Behavioral psychology also shows that value is decided based upon the prices around the item they select. Learn how to set up your menu to make your customers believe they’re getting a great deal every time.