Situated in Scottsdale, AZ, there is a food service establishment so far down the tubes that even Gordon Ramsay’s show “Kitchen Nightmares” couldn’t save it. As a matter of fact, he quit working with the owners (Amy & Samy) because their business was so out of line.
As a result of the show, there was a viral uproar between Amy & Samy and the rest of the Internet. Let me break down the chain of events that lead to the social media meltdown.
- They ran through over 100 employees in one year.
- Waitstaff is treated incredibly poor. They aren’t trusted and don’t receive tips – the crazy owners do.
- The food is sub par, according to Gordon Ramsay (I trust him), and not completely made from scratch as stated by the owners.
- The customer is ALWAYS wrong – how’s that for best practice?
- Chef Amy can’t take criticism; thus, she has no idea how many unhappy customers leave her restaurant because the staff and Samy are terrified to tell her because of her backlash.
- Amy mentioned, “We have three little boys, but they’re trapped inside cat bodies. They’re cats.” …okay, that’s just strange.
Let’s just say they need a reality check.
After watching the show, I was completely baffled, but in the back of my mind I thought, this has to be staged, right? No one would treat Gordon Ramsay with such disrespect. Well, guess what? I was completely wrong. After the episode aired on national television, the Facebook page of Amy’s Bakery lit up with insults! Amy and Samy backlashed on all websites they felt were “bullying” them by other people posting bad reviews about them. Most of the posts and comments are too inappropriate to highlight here, but here are a few to give you an idea of how nutty these business owners actually are:
- “To all of the Yelpers and Reddits: Bring it on … Come to arizona. you are weaker than my wife, and weaker than me. come to my business. say it to my face. man to man. my wife is a jewel in the desert. you are just trash. reddits and yelpers just working together to bring us down. pathetic.”
- “I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE. YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW GOOD FOOD. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO RESELL THINGS WALMART DOES NOT MAKE THEIR ELECTRONICS OR TOYS SO LAY OFF!!!!”
- “WE ARE NOT FREAKING OUT. WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT A “WITCH HUNT’. I AM NOT A WITCH. I AM GODS CHILD. P*** OFF ALL OF YOU, F*** REDDITS, F*** YELP AND F*** ALL OF YOU. BRING IT. WE WILL FIGHT BACK”
Historically, the couple has been using social media to slander customers and reviews but suddenly they claimed their social media accounts had been hacked… Yeah right!
So what can we learn from this experience?
- DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS.
- DO NOT explain that God is on your side just to get away with slander.
- DO NOT call other people names.
- DO NOT explain that the other person is an idiot while misspelling your own words.
- DO NOT use erratic punctuation/grammar while calling the other person stupid.
- DO NOT describe your cats as “little boys in cat bodies” or “little people in cat suits” or “children, but actually cats, but really children” or “non-human children.”
- DO NOT refuse to stop arguing.
- DO NOT pretend you were hacked post social media backlash.
- DO NOT mistreat employees.
- DO NOT open a restaurant and say everything is fresh when it really isn’t.
- And above all, DO NOT disrespect Gordon Ramsay – come on people!
These were a given though,right?
The Washington Post named off a few of these DO NOTS and later said “They do everything short of comparing someone to Hitler.” It’s true!
They also created this awesome venn diagram of the meltdown:
Oh, and if you haven’t seen the episode, here is 43 minutes of laughter, OMGs, and “Are you serious” remarks. Make sure there isn’t something hard under your chin because it will definitely drop.