“Cibo, Vino, Amici” (Food, Wine, Friends) is the motto Antonio Laudisio has followed faithfully over the course of 20-plus years in the food service industry. His landmark restaurant, Laudisio’s, has long satisfied the hunger, thirst, and loneliness of Boulder locals and visitors alike with authentic Italian cuisine, fine wines, and an atmosphere that is at [...]
Tag Archives | boulder colorado
Earlier this week I ventured to get a feel for practical food safety practices in a real restaurant. Turley’s, an iconic Boulder, CO eatery known for its eclectic menu full of healthy eating and fantastic international flavors, was kind enough to spend some time talking to me about their food safety program. I sat down [...]
No one would say seafood tastes better anywhere else than right beside the ocean. There’s something special about enjoying food in the place that produced it. Local food, or “regional cuisine,” has enjoyed resurgent popularity in recent years as restaurant patrons rediscover the unique experience of combining physical place and cuisine. If a great meal [...]
Here at The Back Burner we have talked a lot about food safety. It’s an ongoing project for any restaurateur, and also a potential matter of life and death for any foodservice business given the stakes if a food borne illness were to break out in your restaurant. So instead of sitting here in my [...]
The Back Burner is written by the employees and friends of Tundra Specialties in Boulder, CO. And while we usually try to make this blog as informative as possible without imposing our brand on the information, sometimes there’s just going to have to be an exception. Don’t worry, we’re not going to suddenly turn this [...]
When Oskar Blues opened its doors in 1997 in the tiny burg of Lyons, CO, just north of Boulder, it was just a place to get some great Southern style food and listen to the best offerings from the local music scene. That all began to change when Oskar founder Dale Katechis began brewing beer [...]
The Kitchen Café community bistro takes the community part of their name very seriously. The Boulder, Colorado restaurant provides a simple, rustic setting where friends, families, and neighbors can gather to enjoy great tasting, unpretentious food and a world-class beer and wine list. Meals can be ordered family style any day of the week and [...]
As some of you may know, Tundra and The Back Burner are based in Boulder, CO so we were especially pleased to learn that Boulder chef Hosea Rosenberg claimed first place on Wednesday’s finale of Top Chef: New York. Rosenberg is the executive chef at Jax Fish House in Boulder. He graduated from the University [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Suspended Coffee – Dream Big. Start Small. June 17, 2013
- Amy’s Baking Company: What a Disaster June 14, 2013
- Cleaning Underneath Restaurant Kitchen Equipment is Easy With Stoveshoes June 10, 2013
- 7 Tips for Printing Restaurant Menus June 7, 2013
- Frozen Drink Dispenser Recipes from Bunn June 3, 2013
- Robert Duran: Greg , The information you provided on the combin...
- mike: I just purchased new 2 tri-star fryers with propan...
- william eng: I have a Pitco 45C that is about 4 years old and r...
- william eng: Hi Miles, did you find a solution to the little f...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to your problem? I have a...
Food Service Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter