Personally, if I never hear another story about H1N1 (swine) flu again, I’ll die a happy man. Unfortunately, the grim reality is everyone is going to have to take steps to combat the spread of flu this winter, and restaurants are no exception. Organizations like the National Restaurant Association are already educating restaurants about ways [...]
Tag Archives | employee training
As if you didn’t have enough on your plate trying to keep your restaurant’s head above water this year, some in the food service industry are starting to talk more and more about changing some basic assumptions about employee compensation. The traditional model has been to pay your kitchen by the hour depending on what [...]
According to a new study by the Council of Hotel And Restaurant Trainers (CHART), 53% of the restaurants surveyed had cut back on their employee training budgets. Only 19% increased their budget, with the rest remaining the same. The study covered a wide variety of restaurants, from small independents to large national chains, with the [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Suspended Coffee – Dream Big. Start Small. June 17, 2013
- Amy’s Baking Company: What a Disaster June 14, 2013
- Cleaning Underneath Restaurant Kitchen Equipment is Easy With Stoveshoes June 10, 2013
- 7 Tips for Printing Restaurant Menus June 7, 2013
- Frozen Drink Dispenser Recipes from Bunn June 3, 2013
- Robert Duran: Greg , The information you provided on the combin...
- mike: I just purchased new 2 tri-star fryers with propan...
- william eng: I have a Pitco 45C that is about 4 years old and r...
- william eng: Hi Miles, did you find a solution to the little f...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to your problem? I have a...
Food Service Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter