A Chipotle restaurant in Gurnee Mills, IL recently gained Platinum level certification through the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program, which is run by the United States Green Building Council. The restaurant was built on the cutting edge of environmentally sustainable technology, boasting a six-kilowatt wind turbine, a 2,500 gallon cistern for storing [...]
Tag Archives | green restaurant
More and more restaurants are exploring ways to make their operations “sustainable.” Yes, it’s a buzzword, and yes, it’s a trend most commonly associated with San Francisco restaurants and other yuppie hideouts. That doesn’t mean most of the restaurants out there can’t utilize sustainability in their operations. Trends show that consumers are increasingly educated about [...]
Making the decision to make your restaurant a more sustainable operation has gotten considerably easier in the last few years. That’s because as consumer awareness grows there are more and more benefits associated with “green” restaurants. If you’re in doubt, simply look at the National Restaurant Association’s sustainability efforts, or see how Chipotle has succeeded [...]
As I have noted on The Back Burner before, more and more restaurants are sourcing their food locally. And restaurants in urban areas are even turning vacant lots, empty roofs, and bare terraces into herb and vegetable gardens, yielding fresh produce for their customers. The trend has taken off quickly, and, at least in Culver [...]
The dipper well is a small countertop sink that uses a constant flow of water to clean utensils like ice cream scoops and barista thermometers. The sink fills up to a certain level and then drains away, so a dipper well acts like a constantly filling pool. The in and out flow of water makes [...]
The Kitchen Café community bistro takes the community part of their name very seriously. The Boulder, Colorado restaurant provides a simple, rustic setting where friends, families, and neighbors can gather to enjoy great tasting, unpretentious food and a world-class beer and wine list. Meals can be ordered family style any day of the week and [...]
It’s such a buzzword these days it has almost become cliche, but nevertheless green restaurants are an important and lasting trend. Customers are the main force driving this, and consistently they say they value restaurants with green practices. Giving customers what they want while reducing your operating costs through more efficient (“green”) practices seems like [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Suspended Coffee – Dream Big. Start Small. June 17, 2013
- Amy’s Baking Company: What a Disaster June 14, 2013
- Cleaning Underneath Restaurant Kitchen Equipment is Easy With Stoveshoes June 10, 2013
- 7 Tips for Printing Restaurant Menus June 7, 2013
- Frozen Drink Dispenser Recipes from Bunn June 3, 2013
- Robert Duran: Greg , The information you provided on the combin...
- mike: I just purchased new 2 tri-star fryers with propan...
- william eng: I have a Pitco 45C that is about 4 years old and r...
- william eng: Hi Miles, did you find a solution to the little f...
- william eng: Did you find a solution to your problem? I have a...
Food Service Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter