Tweet Healthy this. Healthy that. We want nutrition information. We want healthy menu choices. The drumbeat coming from consumers and consumer groups over the last five years has steadily increased, demanding healthier options from restaurants in all segments of the food service industry. Heavyweights like McDonald’s have bent under the pressure, and everyone across the [...]
Tag Archives | menu nutrition
Tweet The Labeling Education and Nutrition, or LEAN Act, is gaining sponsors and votes in the United States congress. The legislation would create a national standard for labeling menu items across the entire food service industry. Consumers overwhelmingly support menu labeling, with some polls showing a 75% majority in favor of nutrition information on menus. [...]
Tweet The movement to accurately label menu items with nutrition information is gaining ground at a remarkable pace. In 2008, the state of California, the cities of New York and Philadelphia, and two counties in Washington and Oregon passed legislation requiring restaurants to provide nutrition information to their customers. 20 more cities, counties, and states [...]
Tweet Nutrition labeling is nothing new in the food industry. Nutrition Facts have become ubiquitous on everything from milk cartons to candy bars. But up until recently nutrition information on menus was largely absent. That’s changing, and places like California and New York city have already passed legislation requiring nutrition information be displayed on menus. [...]
Tweet Despite the economic downturn you’re sick of hearing about (unless you’ve been under a rock), two trends remain hot for the food service industry in 2009: food nutrition and sustainability. Even as consumers tighten belts and close wallets, they’re looking for healthy foods brought to them in an environmentally sustainable way, and if they [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter