Tweet When choosing a POS system for your restaurant, there are many things to consider. One must choose the system that will best suit the needs of the type of restaurant in question. However, every restaurant needs a terminal that allows them to place orders for food and drinks that are then transferred to a [...]
Tag Archives | restaurant management
Tweet Keeping product out of the danger zone and ready for preparation on the line is one of the most important tasks facing any commercial kitchen, and your commercial refrigeration units play a critical role. Maintaining and fixing the refrigeration units in your restaurant can be expensive, which is why it’s all the more important [...]
Tweet The National Restaurant Association’s (NRA) Conserve Initiative is designed to give restaurateurs the tools they need to start implementing sustainable, environmentally conscious practices in the food service industry. As quoted from the Conserve Initiative’s website: “The National Restaurant Association’s Conserve initiative is designed to initiate and inspire actions that improve a company’s bottom line, [...]
Tweet In these tough times, restaurants can use all the free marketing they can get. If a pricey restaurant marketing consultant is not in your budget, read on to discover ways to get your eatery in the customers’ minds, without spending a dime. 1. Talk to your customers. Ask how they found you. If it’s [...]
Tweet Think of a good thermometer as the crescent wrench of your food safety program. Without it, you have no idea what the temperature of your food products are, either when you cook them or when you store them. And that means you can’t tighten the bolts of your food safety program, locking out food [...]
Tweet Reservation no-shows are a frustrating experience for any restaurant. On an especially busy night like New Year’s Eve or Valentine’s Day, they can really cost your restaurant some serious money. Not only do you have to depend on walk-in traffic to fill those seats, but there’s a good chance you turned down other customers [...]
Tweet One restaurant that has been doing just fine during the economic downturn is McDonald’s. Their combination of convenience and affordability has made the golden arches the restaurant of choice in tough times. As consumers become more and more health and value conscious, restaurants have an inherent advantage over fast food chains during the lunch [...]
Tweet Every restaurant kitchen is full of tools of the trade, from heavy duty gas ranges to the lowliest spatula, it takes a lot of equipment to serve your customers right – day in and day out. Keeping track of all the equipment and products that can help make your operation run more smoothly could [...]
Tweet Now is the time for your restaurant to take a stand. The war on tap water is steadily spiraling out of control. You may have lost the battle but the war can still be won. Whether it’s their growing waistlines, shrinking budgets, or a combination of the two, restaurant diners are ordering more tap [...]
Tweet I arrived in Madison, Wisconsin last week to do a restaurant marketing workshop for Sysco and was looking for a place to eat. Obviously in a strange town and no one around to make recommendations, I pulled out my trusty iPhone and downloaded the Yelp app. Immediately, I got hundreds of restaurants with thousands [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Ah, Beer. The Rise of Craft Beer in America May 24, 2013
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter