Tweet You can do anything on the internet these days, and increasingly people are relying on the web to do all kinds of things that make their daily lives more convenient. On paper, the idea of introducing an online ordering service sounds exciting to restaurateurs. After all, who can complain about making sales before your [...]
Tag Archives | restaurant marketing
Tweet As the holidays approach, giving back to the community is something that should be important to any business, and not just as a shameless marketing ploy. Being authentic about your business’ involvement in charity is something that only time and commitment can communicate. Having a genuine passion for charity work is a huge plus, [...]
Tweet In a previous oldie-but-goodie Back Burner post I talked about menu engineering – how to put together a menu that effectively markets your dishes and makes customers want to spend more and buy high margin menu items. One thing that post did not touch upon, however, was how to price and organize those prices [...]
Tweet Running a successful, profitable restaurant is just like being a stock broker: you must diversify to minimize risk. This lesson is even more relevant today considering the current economic climate. So, you have a great concept, some popular menu items, and a decent dinner rush. Good. But your profit margins could be better, and [...]
Tweet Have you taken a good look at your customers lately? Look around your restaurant’s dining room and take out counter tonight. How many people do you recognize? Are there many new faces? Do you know how many have been here once before, twice before, or are old friends who come back again and again? [...]
Tweet Meet Bob. Bob might be considered equivalent to the strategic design behind, and the effective level of marketing across your social media profiles. Let’s take Bob off the internet and put him in your dining room to see how accurately he reflects your online presence and your overall performance. You don’t view social media [...]
Tweet Restaurants take heart: change seems to be coming. After two years of declining growth and slowing spending, it appears that consumers are finally going to spend more this holiday season, not less. A flock of reports have been circulating in the retail and food service worlds pointing to positive growth on the horizon for [...]
Tweet Dear restaurateur, Do you sometimes feel like you have unique problems running your restaurant? Do you see other restaurants fuller than yours and you are wondering what are you doing wrong or what are they doing right that you could do as well? Do you feel like your restaurant is unique and you have [...]
Tweet “Favorite Places On Google” is a new feature that provides maps, directions, reviews, and photos of 100,000 businesses across the U.S. Many of these businesses are restaurants, and that’s significant because eventually users will be able to post reviews and other information about your restaurant and have it display on Google. You’re probably thinking: [...]
Tweet So have you jumped on the Twitter bandwagon yet? Or are you sick and tired of hearing about tweets, tweeting, and all other variations of bird noises? Are you wondering what the heck I’m talking about? For those of you who answered “yes” to the last question, you’ve got some catching up to do. [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter