Tweet Here we are once again, the cacophony roared up after the SuperBowl over the legitimacy of ROI in social media whether it’s measurable, valid, does anything or whether it’s just a bunch of numbers the next “expert” throws up to validate his job/salary/cost. The roar seems to be mainly coming from marketers, advertisers and [...]
Tag Archives | restaurant marketing
Tweet Fine dining restaurants in Denver, CO are pooling their resources this weekend to kick off Denver Restaurant Week, an annual event that allows diners to sample the city’s fine cuisine over the course of a week for an incredible price: $52.80 for two. Tons of restaurants are participating in the promotion in an effort [...]
Tweet Foursquare is a location-based application for mobile devices that allows users to discover and rate local businesses and then share those discoveries with their social network. Since I wrote about Foursquare last year, the company has really started to take off, landing promotional deals with Bravo, Warner Bros., and HBO. The latest feather in [...]
Tweet One of the biggest shifts in customer behavior over the past few years has been the preference for take-out food. All the major national chains (Applebee’s, Chili’s, etc. etc.) have added drive-up service for their customers. And I’ve written on this blog about taking your restaurant’s food out, whether it be catering, drive-up service, [...]
Tweet Since last August, when I first posted about the blossoming underground fine dining scene in San Francisco, the phenomenon has grown exponentially and started spreading up and down the west coast. From Vancouver to L.A., chefs are ditching the kitchens of established restaurants and setting off on their own, and using shrouds of secrecy, [...]
Tweet McDonald’s has been an increasingly lone bright spot in the dark world of food service during a recession. Sales are up, new restaurant layouts appeal to a wide range of customers, and Starbucks has a serious competitor on their hands. McDonald’s success can be attributed to a lot of things, including their bargain basement [...]
Tweet The happy hour has long been the domain of college bars, hole-in-the-wall restaurants, and after-work watering holes. These establishments always understood a cardinal rule in driving business: a busy place is a place people want to be, and the easiest way to fill up a bar or dining room early is with a happy [...]
Tweet Ivar’s Seafood Restaurant in Seattle, Washington pulled off a brilliant piece of restaurant marketing recently, resulting in a 400% increase in clam chowder sales. The story was originally reported in the Seattle Times. How did they do it? Well, it’s a funny story actually. Ivar’s dreamed up this scheme to get a kooky story [...]
Tweet Here at The Back Burner we try to provide as many resources as possible for your success. Over the past six months we have published a treasure trove of restaurant marketing tips that can help you get more butts in seats. I don’t have to tell you that it’s been a tough year. The [...]
Tweet Want to know what makes a restaurant succeed where others fail? Is it because your food is the best around? Do you offer customers an incredible value for their buck they just can’t get anywhere else? Or is your staff so professional, so incredibly well trained, that customers just can’t get enough of your [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter