Tweet Chef Nobu Matsuhisa always knew he wanted to be a sushi chef. From the first time his brother took him to a sushi restaurant in his native Japan, Matsuhisa has aspired to make people happy with top quality sushi using only the best ingredients. With 22 restaurants all over the world, and three new locations [...]
Tag Archives | restaurant news
Tweet An increasing number of restaurateurs are looking to boost sagging sales with value-minded deals to lure customers back into their restaurants. A particularly successful strategy has been employed by the Laguna Grille in Long Island, NY: a “Bailout Program,” which randomly awards free meals to a table per shift. The ensuing buzz packed his [...]
Tweet My recent post, “Missouri Legislature Debates Wage Cuts For Servers” sparked some debate about cutting payroll expenses in your restaurant. Finding places to cut expenses as revenue falls is never an easy endeavor. And since labor is almost definitely your number one expense, it’s easy to look there first when considering ways to save [...]
Tweet In 2006, voters in the state of Missouri overwhelmingly passed Proposition B, an initiative that mandated a minimum wage increase for hourly workers. Prop B passed with a 75% majority, and after some debate, Missouri decided that workers who receive an hourly wage plus tips were eligible for the pay increase. Times have changed [...]
Tweet Italian Claudio Torghele has developed a pizza vending machine, complete with dough, sauce, and toppings, all in less than three minutes. The machine, called “Let’s Pizza,” will knead the dough, spread the sauce, and give you a choice of toppings, including bacon, ham, cheese and tomato, and vegetable. Customers can watch their pizza being [...]
Tweet Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay’s show Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares USA has been a huge hit, garnering thousands of American viewers and elevating the chef’s celebrity even further. Unfortunately, the restaurants he’s supposed to be helping are dropping like flies in the wake of his black widow touch. The show’s premise is to bring Ramsay’s expertise [...]
Tweet A waitress at Bubba Gump’s restaurant in the French Quarter of New Orleans was arrested recently and charged with possession of fraudulent documents and credit card skimming. Jaleesa Jimerson reportedly used a skimming device to record the credit card information of up to 50 Bubba Gump customers. The device was given to her by [...]
Tweet The Golden Gate Restaurant Association (GGRA) petitioned the Supreme Court recently to prevent the city of San Francisco from enacting legislation that would require employers to pay a fee to provide health coverage for their workers. On Monday, the Supreme Court refused a temporary stay on the San Francisco legislation. All businesses in the [...]
Tweet A Boynton Beach, Florida man experienced a terrible emergency recently: the local Burger King was out of lemonade. 66-year-old Jean Fortune was ordering food at a Burger King location in Boynton Beach when he was told that there was no more lemonade at the restaurant. A distraught Fortune called 911 and complained about the [...]
Tweet Google has profoundly affected the way business is done the world over. Besides becoming a frequently used verb (meaning “to search”) in multiple languages, the internet search and advertising giant became an international success on a business model that has never been attempted before. Google offers its primary service, internet search, for free. Ten [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter