Tweet Finding a good pair of comfortable black shoes for restaurant workers who are on their feet all day can be a challenge. Crocs shoes are known for their durability, comfort, and great traction on even the greasiest kitchen floor. And when Crocs came out with some stylish interpretations of their classic shoe, the food [...]
Tag Archives | restaurant supplies
Tweet Maintaining a safe work environment for your kitchen staff is always one of your priorities. One of the most common injuries besides knife cuts is probably burns from hot cookware or hot surfaces on cooking equipment. The problem with garden variety oven mitts is they aren’t NSF certified, which means they can become mediums [...]
Tweet I want to talk about some products that can really help your food safety efforts: 1. Stainless steel 1/6 pans for your prep table coolers. Stainless is a much better conductor than plastic, so keep your foods in them and it will help you avoid critical cold holding violations from the health department. Additionally, [...]
Tweet If you’ve got a restaurant, you probably deal with a lot of oil. Between changing the oil in fryers, making dressings and sauces, and cooking on the line, the only person moving more oil in the neighborhood is the local mechanic. And, like any restaurateur, you probably buy the stuff in bulk containers so [...]
Tweet It goes without saying that commercial cookware is a must for any restaurant’s kitchen. These are the tools of the trade, and if you’re looking to buy professional cookware, chances are you already know exactly what you want and where to get it. The purpose of this guide is not to give you a [...]
Tweet Getting quality kitchen floor matting isn’t only a staff comfort issue; it’s an important safety issue as well. Kitchen floor matting is made from a rubberized material and can be placed anywhere in your kitchen where staff stands while working, including on the line, in front of the dishwasher, behind the bar, and in [...]
Tweet We’ve all been there. The bartender is super busy and splashes some alcohol in your glass before topping it off with whatever mixer goes with your drink – and you end up with a strong one or a weak one. And of course flirty girls and good tippers regularly expect – and get – [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter