Tweet Summer food festivals have been a fixture in American culture for years. From the Taste of Chicago to the Alabama Crawfish Festival in Faundale, AL, food festivals large and small have kept growing and expanding, even through recent economic turbulence. Tens of thousands of restaurants participate in these festivals across the country. Participation often [...]
Tag Archives | restaurant trends
Tweet Technology has made data easier to store, manage, and collect than at any other time in human history. That power has resulted in amazing improvements in the efficiency of business, and restaurants have benefited just as much as any other – few restaurateurs can imagine running their business today without a comprehensive POS system [...]
Tweet More and more it looks official – the U.S. economy is pulling out of recession slowly but surely. The restaurant industry is cautiously optimistic about sales growth this year and consumers appear to be venturing out of their downturn shells. Unfortunately a growing economy – even one that’s growing so slowly – has started [...]
Tweet If you do it right, guest prefer to order themselves. This has been proven by the advent of interactive electronic ordering kiosks, which have quickly become commonplace in European and Asian quick service restaurants. Americans are finally catching up to their European counterparts when it comes to self-service kiosks. Early adopters like Jack-in-the-Box have [...]
Tweet Restaurants and commercial kitchens use A LOT of hot water. In fact, it’s probably one of your larger energy expenses in a given month. Here are some simple steps that can go a long way towards helping cut costs: Set water temperature to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Your dishwashing unit should have a built in [...]
Tweet Food allergies are a serious problem that millions of people deal with every day. Sometimes those reactions can even be life-threatening, which makes the allergy problem something restaurants cannot afford to ignore. And yet for quite awhile now there has been a distinct ambivalence in the food service industry when it comes to food [...]
Tweet “Going Green” is a hot buzzword these days, and everyone, including the food service industry, is jumping on board the environmentally friendly bandwagon. The great thing about going green in your restaurant is that you can cut costs and save yourself considerable money while improving customer loyalty and visibility at the same time. In [...]
Tweet When Oskar Blues opened its doors in 1997 in the tiny burg of Lyons, CO, just north of Boulder, it was just a place to get some great Southern style food and listen to the best offerings from the local music scene. That all began to change when Oskar founder Dale Katechis began brewing [...]
Tweet You’d think finding a place to eat lunch in a health nut haven like Boulder, Colorado that featured simple, all-natural ingredients made from scratch for a good price would be pretty easy. Boulder residents Anthony Pigliacampo and Rob McColgan realized a couple years ago that unless they wanted to eat at Chipotle every day, [...]
Tweet 5 years ago Facebook was in its infancy. Twitter was a year away from conception. Yelp was no more than the apple in the eye of a creative Silicone Valley entrepreneur. And Groupon was still 3 years away from development! In 5 short years the restaurant marketing landscape has changed. These sites and many [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter