Tweet Oh the woes of being a server: the fast paced rush, the kitchen yelling at you for what your customers have ordered, the table of people that are mean to you and make you want to cry and the co-worker who is always telling you how to do things better! It seems the woes [...]
Tag Archives | Server Tips
Tweet With most Americans eating out 4-5 times a week, it is no wonder the foodservice industry continues to grow even in a slow economy. A server’s position is a main component of a successful restaurant operation. A server’s job responsibilities include greeting guests with friendliness, knowing the menu inside and out, provide high quality [...]
Tweet Sometimes in life, the experience we gain, the repetitions we perform, can create a false feeling of perfection. The more times we perform a task without complication, the more we tend to believe that we are performing it perfectly. This isn’t always the case. A false feeling of perfection is something I have witnessed [...]
Tweet Restaurant service is all about details. Everything from the demeanor of the people at the front door, to the cleanliness of the seats and the restrooms, to the quality and consistency of the food, and the attentiveness of the service are all important. As is everything in between. Below is a list of several [...]
Tweet There are several moments that are crucial to the guest’s perception of your restaurant. In order for service staff and managers to deliver a great guest experience, they must understand these important aspects of the guest experience. Specifically these are when the guest is entering the building, being greeted by the server, checked on [...]
Tweet There are many servers and the occasional manager who believe that your tips are based on your clientele. To them it’s all about the people you have. Through my experience, I have found this to be untrue. Recently, I thought of some things a server could be doing wrong. With that, I have some [...]
Tweet Beverage sales are a great way to increase your check totals. Since that is what your tips are based on, the higher the better. In order to do this you must know your liquor. Not everyone does. A server’s lack of vital bar knowledge can result in lost sales for the restaurant and lost [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Top Wedding Catering Trends of 2013 May 10, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter