Tweet Priests. Prayers. Candles. Confessionals. Cupcakes? Are you looking for a new place to worship? Need a way to fill the void in your spiritual life? The Church of Cupcakes may be the delicious solution to your problems. This is not your typical church. This culinary cathedral will satisfy even your sweetest tooth. The Church [...]
Tag Archives | sustainable restaurant
Tweet Every restaurant needs hot water, and most of that water usually ends up being used to clean dirty cookware and cooking equipment. More than likely you get your hot water from a conventional gas-fired water heater with a 100 gallon or larger tank. For years the standard strategy for hot water has been to [...]
Tweet Disposing of used vegetable oil has always been a problem for restaurants. In recent years it has gotten easier with the increasing demand for biodiesel. Now many restaurants depend on free pickup services by biodiesel companies as a convenient and cheap way to dispose of their waste fryer oil. Some even pay to have [...]
Tweet A Chipotle restaurant in Gurnee Mills, IL recently gained Platinum level certification through the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program, which is run by the United States Green Building Council. The restaurant was built on the cutting edge of environmentally sustainable technology, boasting a six-kilowatt wind turbine, a 2,500 gallon cistern for [...]
Tweet Bluefin tuna are one of the most prized catches in the world’s oceans, with some markets, especially in Asia, selling them for as much as $20,000 a fish. For sushi lovers, the bluefin is the equivalent of a purebred Angus filet mignon, and it’s a mainstay of thousands of restaurants, including the internationally recognized [...]
Tweet More and more restaurants are exploring ways to make their operations “sustainable.” Yes, it’s a buzzword, and yes, it’s a trend most commonly associated with San Francisco restaurants and other yuppie hideouts. That doesn’t mean most of the restaurants out there can’t utilize sustainability in their operations. Trends show that consumers are increasingly educated [...]
Tweet Every restaurant has had to deal with revenue and expense challenges over the last year. And many have probably wondered whether green practices and products in their restaurants are worth their while, both in terms of cost to purchase and the time it takes to implement new products and procedures. If a new Harris [...]
Tweet The dipper well is a small countertop sink that uses a constant flow of water to clean utensils like ice cream scoops and barista thermometers. The sink fills up to a certain level and then drains away, so a dipper well acts like a constantly filling pool. The in and out flow of water [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter