Tweet The Kitchen Café community bistro takes the community part of their name very seriously. The Boulder, Colorado restaurant provides a simple, rustic setting where friends, families, and neighbors can gather to enjoy great tasting, unpretentious food and a world-class beer and wine list. Meals can be ordered family style any day of the week [...]
Tag Archives | sustainable restaurants
Tweet The Darden Group, which operates both Red Lobster and Olive Garden national chain restaurants, is understandably also the largest purchaser of seafood in the U.S. As concern grows over the dwindling seafood supply in the world’s oceans, Darden has made every attempt to stay out in front of the situation and look for solutions [...]
Tweet You’ve heard about organic ingredients. You’ve also heard about food miles and skyrocketing food costs. Anybody in the restaurant business can tell you these issues have affected their customer’s tastes and their bottom line. Stir in increasingly frugal customers and you’ve got a recipe for trouble in any restaurant. That devilish combination of customers [...]
Tweet San Franciscan restaurants are participating in a city-wide compost collection program that has collected over 105,000 tons of food scraps and yard trimmings in a single year. All that waste used to end up in the landfill, where compostable waste makes up a full third of everything in the dump. The all natural fertilizer [...]
Tweet Any restaurateur interested in making their restaurant more green has encountered these terms before. The problem is, just because a product claims it is compostable, biodegradable, or recyclable doesn’t make it so. Making the right decisions to green your restaurant in a way that makes sense for your business means you need to know [...]
Tweet Sustainable seafood has become an increasingly important issue for restaurateurs as the green restaurant movement gains ground. This is coupled with increasing evidence that the world’s wild caught seafood supply is in serious decline. The result has been a renewed search for fish species that have the quality and taste characteristics worthy of center-of-plate [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Mother’s Day Word Search May 12, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter