Tweet Every restaurant takes good food presentation seriously – after all, no one wants to eat something that doesn’t look absolutely delicious. You carefully place garnishes, make sure the entrée has the proper color, and serve everything on a stylish plate with matching silverware. So why aren’t you paying the same amount of attention to [...]
Archive | Technology and Marketing RSS feed for this section
Tweet When you think of a restaurant you don’t normally think of modern technology. Usually these businesses are manually run and operated. Restaurant owners typically rely on outdated computers or old-fashioned books to manage their business. Times are changing. In this day and age of cutting-edge technology there are far more efficient ways to compile [...]
Tweet In these tough times, restaurants can use all the free marketing they can get. If a pricey restaurant marketing consultant is not in your budget, read on to discover ways to get your eatery in the customers’ minds, without spending a dime. 1. Talk to your customers. Ask how they found you. If it’s [...]
Tweet One restaurant that has been doing just fine during the economic downturn is McDonald’s. Their combination of convenience and affordability has made the golden arches the restaurant of choice in tough times. As consumers become more and more health and value conscious, restaurants have an inherent advantage over fast food chains during the lunch [...]
Tweet Fresh. Organic. High-quality. These are a few ideas associated with local produce. They are also three reasons why your restaurant should invest in the local food movement today. Not only will you improve your ingredients but you will also communicate that your restaurant supports the surrounding community and is aware of what diners want. [...]
Tweet So, your sales are down and you decide to send out a direct mail piece into your zip code, expecting your usual response of 2 to 3%. I’ll bet you’ve never ever thought about those other 98% in the zip code who never responded to your offer. You see, they just threw it in [...]
Tweet At the National Restaurant Association’s annual trade show last month, a lot of restaurateurs were talking about the technology gap in the food service industry. Big chains like T.G.I.Friday’s and Hard Rock Café have already begun to introduce digital gadgetry into their restaurants as a way to connect with younger customers. And much has [...]
Tweet I arrived in Madison, Wisconsin last week to do a restaurant marketing workshop for Sysco and was looking for a place to eat. Obviously in a strange town and no one around to make recommendations, I pulled out my trusty iPhone and downloaded the Yelp app. Immediately, I got hundreds of restaurants with thousands [...]
Tweet QSR magazine published an article recently about new take out packaging for restaurants made from recycled plastic water bottles. Dubbed The Bottle Box, the restaurants that have used it say it performs just as well or better than normal plastic take out packaging, and that it can be customized with your establishment’s name and [...]
Tweet In yesterday’s post I talked about the new reality facing restaurants, namely, the consumer expectation of great value. This doesn’t appear to be changing despite an uptick in consumer spending. A number of voices in the food service industry have been advising restaurants to provide value to their customers in order to survive these [...]
- Fixing Commercial Fryers April 23, 2012
- A Glossary of Restaurant Lingo, Slang & Terms March 19, 2012
- Fixing Commercial Oven Problems July 3, 2011
- Troubleshooting Gas Range and Oven Problems November 19, 2011
- Fixing Gas Ranges July 23, 2011
- Can’t Eat Here: Is Your Restaurant Sending the Right Message to Guests With Dietary Restrictions? May 22, 2013
- World Baking Day Word Search May 19, 2013
- Photo Contest: Win a Metalfrio Beverage Cooler May 17, 2013
- 50 Honey & Bee Facts May 15, 2013
- Should Social Media Be Used to Shame No-Shows? May 13, 2013
- Morgan Sky: I've been trying to remember a term we used for t...
- Tundra Restaurant Supply: Hello Robert, It sounds like you did order the wr...
- Molly Patterson: Wow, these are all great and new to me! Thanks for...
- Robert Duran: Hello Greg , I being reading your articles on tro...
- Anne J. M.: It depends on your electric company's charges by ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Follow @etundra on Twitter