With a toaster in almost every American home, and nearly 75-million Americans eating toast on a daily basis, there’s no wonder that our research has shown that there are plenty of toast-topping recipes to help give plain ‘ole toast the zip that it needs (no offense to butter and toast, we like that too). Here are a few toast topping ideas that may have you planning on toast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Spreading with butter before adding a topping, is completely optional.
1. Top with avocado slices and a fried egg, then drizzle with honey.
2. Top bread with goat cheese spread, sun-dried tomatoes, and a slice of flank steak. Garnish with chives.
3. Spread your favorite tuna salad across the top, then a nice layer of tomatoes and red onion.
4. Spread mayo across the top of the toast, then top with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, and grated cheddar cheese.
5. After toasting, rub bread slices with garlic and tomato slices, then top with a poached egg, Parmesan cheese, and basil.
6. Spread smashed avocado across toast, add a hint of lime juice and paprika, then top with sprouts.
7. Cook up a nice, creamy and wild garlic mushroom sauce and top it on a thick slice of toast.
8. Spread your favorite pesto across the toast, then layer with sliced radishes and chives.
9. Spread a layer of mayo (mixed with lemon, roasted garlic, and zest) across the toast, then top with a slice of a hard-boiled egg. Add a mix of crumbled bacon, diced avocado, and cilantro.
10. Place a poached egg on top of the toast – a great spin on the classic “Toad in a Hole.”
11. Scrambled eggs, topped with tomato slices (mayo spread before is optional, but yummy).
12. Raspberry jam spread across the toast, with a nice layer of brie and bacon.
13. Spread cream cheese across toast, then top with prosciutto, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, and chives.
14. Rub toast with garlic, place mozzarella slices on top with sliced tomatoes and basil, then drizzle with balsamic reduction.
15.Top toast with ricotta, then put on a layer of arugula and one fried egg.
16. Spread cream cheese across the toast, and top with cucumbers.
17. Top toast with avocado slices and a smear of pesto; finally, top with micro greens.
18. Top with Swiss cheese and turkey slices.
19. Spread cream cheese across toast, and layer with slices of smoked salmon and a sprinkle of dill.
20. Top toast with shredded Colby jack and sliced bell peppers and green chilies.
21. Rub toast with garlic clove, then top with spinach leaves and sliced mushrooms that have been sautéed.
22. Spread warm goat cheese across the toast, then top with walnuts and a drizzle of olive oil.
23. Spread ricotta across toast, and top with your favorite bruschetta recipe.
24. Rub a clove of garlic across the toast, smear it with goat cheese, then top with arugula and roasted beet slice. Finish with a nice drizzle of honey.
25. Rub the toast with garlic, then top with prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, and a sprinkle of chives.
26. Top with cooked kale, then sprinkle on fresh parmesan.
28. Spread ricotta across the toast, then layer with cubed butternut squash, a sage leave, and a drizzle of brown sugar and olive oil.
29. Top toast with your favorite tapenade – olive, sun dried tomato, creole, almond, Mexican
30. Spread Boursin cheese on the bread, then top with sprouts and radishes.
31. Place roasted tomatoes on a layer of smoothed out ricotta cheese.
32. Top warm toast with sliced artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley.
33. Spread a sweet flavored cream cheese on the toast, and top with strawberries or blueberries.
34. Spread Nutella across toast, and top with sliced bananas. Try sprinkling brown sugar and cinnamon on top to kick it up a little.
35. Apricot jam spread, and then granny smith apple slices added to the top.
36. Smear a healthy layer of Nutella across the toast, then sprinkle with coconut.
37. Top toast with almond butter, then spread on your favorite fruit, like strawberries or bananas. Finish with a drizzle of honey.
38. Top toast with your favorite jam, then sprinkle on some almonds.
39. Spread cottage cheese atop bread, and then drizzle with honey.
40. Top bread with ricotta cheese, pear slices, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey.